It has become quite clear while trying to find the truck title in all the usual places, and then all the many, many unusual places where we have squirreled away paperwork, that D. and I have the same unhealthy tendency to keep papers, with little organization - or in my case, redundant but inefficient and inconsistent organization - that we haven't needed for years, or even decades. And will never ever need.
Even if I were to become famous, or he were to become famous, and some poor sod wanted to write a biography, the papers would be more of a hinderance than a help. They wouldn't tell the story of a life. They would only tell the story of a disease.
We haven't found the title after a collective 10 hour search.
I have, however, gotten rid of a lot of papers, more than half of which will be shredded or burned.
It looks like we'll just request the duplicate title, and that my chances for coordinating a pick up of the pickup (see what I did there) on Friday are slim. They'd need more lead time than that. And of course, the rush - after all the non-rush - is that we want to avoid dealing with registration renewal, which is coming right up. The silly corners one paints oneself into!
The roofers will install our skylights today, and receive some honey in exchange. Looks like a short sleep tonight, as I'll need to get up early to do many things that I didn't get done because I was rifling through receipts from 2003. *Sheesh*
No comments:
Post a Comment