As a follow up, although there are downsides to working out
in the evening (such as the crowd, and the lesser effect on changing
metabolism, and having trouble falling asleep), I don’t require brain power for
it in the same way I do writing in the morning. So until the day comes that I
get up at 5am and do both writing and a workout before taking S. to school,
I’ll be jostling the crowds at night. And writing – blessed writing! - in the morning.
Yesterday, it rained heavily. For the first time in over a
decade, D. didn’t care. We have an intact roof! No more bucket in the laundry
room to catch that one leak. No more tarps covering the roof and preventing us
from using the wood burning stove for heat – for fear of sparks. This sounds like
an episode of Oregon Trail. But it’s not so dramatic as all that. It’s really
first world problems, and in this case, first world solutions.

No comments:
Post a Comment