I’m delighted to announce that my review of Kathleen Winter’s
I will not kick my friends is now up
on Colorado Review. Her book is
complex and lovely, so of course, I am not satisfied with the review. But I’m
honored to have something accepted there, and grateful to the very kind editors
for encouraging my new writing pursuit. This editing of poetry books is both
labor-intensive and very enjoyable. This is only my second published review. I
hope to have more to send out into the world as I come by new books by poets I
don’t directly know. The criteria given by many editors seems to be that one
come by the collection in a natural way, but not be closely associated with the
poet – which rules out a review of my friends’ new beautiful books.
I have also been invited to submit something to an upcoming anthology,
so that’s the second piece of news this week related to writing. It feels like confirmation
that I’m on the write track, focusing in this way, more deeply and daily, on my
“craft and sullen art.”
No comments:
Post a Comment