I am trying to be patient with myself, and not just...collapse...into "I can't" and "I'm done" at the end of the day. So after work, I had dinner then went to the gym, then asked myself why I feel so weighed down and burdened right now.
It may be the rejection note I received from my latest little foray into getting some poems published. I'm allowing that at some level, I may be feeling down about that. Or it may be that I've had too many nights with too little sleep in the last week or so.
All I can do to test my theory is sleep a bit more, write a bit more, send more out into the world - because there is a way in which publication is a numbers game, and I am too stingy with submissions. Or too lazy - and I can't expect acceptance letters from publishers who haven't even had the opportunity to read my work.
And in the meantime, I am just acknowledging that tonight, I feel heavy. And that's okay. I can still do a little bit. Better a little bit every day than giving up before I've even tried.
And in the meantime, because yesterday's post was a bit of a tease, here's a link to Odd Salon for those curious. It is really the most amazingly wonderful thing. What a way to learn weird things about history, architecture, art and science! I'm grateful to know a Fellow of the Odd Salon and to be able to get to an event every now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment