Saturday, April 23, 2005

Butter & Eggs Day Parade

S was in the parade today along with a quarter of the town's population (the rest of us watched). She walked with the girls' school. The theme was "That's Entertainment," and her school was trying to suggest old-fashioned things like jumping rope and music and dance and just plain "doing" instead of "watching" as good forms of entertainment. Very Waldorf of them. S was among the kindergartners in the back of the group, blowing bubbles. She seemed to have a good time. The town is small enough that we saw a dozen or more people we know downtown as we sat among the lighter crowd toward the front of the parade route.

Tomorrow, the girls and I will run that little 1-mile race together in the City.
It's a real family weekend. Except that D worked today & will work again tomorrow. Blech, I say. And he says double-blech.

Looking forward to writing time (BIC!) tomorrow too - if I can find parking while downtown is having an antique festival. (Be warned, SA, the joint may be jumpin')

I kind of dread writing these blog entries at night. It's been suggested that I switch my blogging time to the morning, but I couldn't do it at work, and before work, when it's still dark, I don't have time to get lost in a thought and find my way out through words. But even at night, even when I feel drained of anything but the energy to crawl into bed, once I start writing, my love of the process comes right to the surface, and I feel I could go on for a long time, enjoying what I'm doing. The exact same thing could be said of my running. As I lace up my shoes, I think, "Is this really necessary?" and after about 20 steps, I think, "Yes. Yes, it is."

Julia mentioned that she'd just read a Steve Martin book. I haven't read any of his books, but I found this quote and wanted to share:


"I think I did pretty well, considering I started out with nothing but a bunch of blank paper. ~ Steve Martin

No comments: