Friday, April 08, 2005

How silly is this?

I want to sell my Escape this weekend, but of course to sell one's car, one needs a pink slip. So after a long time carefully searching the 2 or 3 places the pink slip might be, I'm guessing it's in the safe deposit box at the bank. Now, to open a safe deposit box, one needs a key. I'm very careful about where I keep our key. Usually. But after looking in the 2 places that it normally would be, I've searched high and low pretty much everywhere else, and it's nowhere to be found.

I think the only thing more frustrating than spending all night looking for something is spending all night looking for something and not finding it. It's also ironic, for a couple of reasons. One is that I have a reputation among friends and family as a "finder" - I can almost always point them to the place they've left or lost an item. It's a gift I'm grateful for and something for which I can't really take credit (because it is, after all, a gift). But I can never seem to track down my own things that I've lost. The other bit of irony is that the key is probably somewhere new that I put so it would be "safe." It's apparently very safe, wherever it is.

On the brighter side, I've gone through a lot of paperwork and have done a lot of cleaning up tonight! But I'm wiped out, and ready to call it a day.

No comments: