S and I arrived at Grandma's just before noon. Last night, we stayed in a smoking room (all that was left) at the Best Western in Lebec. We lazed around this afternoon, then went for a swim when Aunt J brought R over (she stayed at her house last night. It was amazing swimming in a huge pool in beautiful weather, and then lounging in a huge hot tub, looking up to see snow-covered mountains in the not-so-distant distance. My mom lives in a great little place, here.
In the early evening, I couldn't keep from napping a little while the girls played under Grandma's supervision. Then we had a simple dinner - pizza for the girls, an omelet for me. And now I'm going to round them up and get them to bed because they're going to have a hard time adjusting to getting up at what will feel like an hour earlier than school on Monday, and I figure we might as well start the earlier bedtime today. Besides, I have an ulterior motive. I'm still sleepy, and I know that an 8+ hour drive will require some energy.
I've been dared to post a poem of my own here. I will. And I'll make it a new one. But it won't be today, I'm afraid, as I don't have the time and space to write anything but this at the moment. But maybe the long drive home will give me something, if the girls sleep. There's only so many times you can sing every song from every Dar Williams CD, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment