Saturday, April 16, 2005

when saturday night isn't

It really doesn't feel like Saturday night, because it really didn't feel like a day off today, and because I need to be at work tomorrow morning at 6am.

This was my day - by choice! so I'd better not complain, huh? And it is pretty dull reading, so skip to a more interesting site if you'd rather. This one, for example, I found by Googling "interesting web site."

Okay, my day:

7:40 - take Ford to dealership to have airbag-light-staying-on problem checked
(jogged home from dealership -3.3 miles)

9:30 - take S to dance class, bring R. While S has dance class, R & I have hot chocolate and mocha, respectively, and split a chocolate & regular croissant, at the Tea Room, which Lisa, among others, has called her favorite spot for breakfast (see Feb. 21 post).

10:40 - S's dance class gets out 10 minutes late. We go home, grab a few needed items (like helmet and crop) and go to R's riding lesson. S and I hang out while R rides.

12:45 - go from R's lesson to Novato. Get the Prius washed, then go to the dealership across the way to have 5,000 mile maintenance (on the car, not us). We walked from there to the mall across the way, had lunch at Fresh Choice & then window shopped Pier One and shopped for clothes at Target (pronounced "tar-jay," if you'd like).

4:15 - leave Target
4:20 - return to Target, with moaning and groaning kids in tow, to retrace our steps through the store to find a pair of sunglasses I'd dropped. These are the same sunglasses that had gone missing for a couple of days before I'd found them in the car hidden next to the passenger seat, and I was not going to lose them again. Find the glasses on the floor in the kids' clothing section, where we'd been 20 minutes before.

4:30 or so - pick up Prius.

5:00 or so - go home, picked up D, go to the Ford dealership, pick up the Escape, D & I drive back home in the 2 cars. Then D goes back to work (until 8pm) and I try to get yardwork done/make dinner/mind kids at the same time, and am unsuccessful in all but making dinner. Pour myself a glass of wine and have a happy rest-of-the evening. I'd had wine Wed. when S's ex-preschool teacher was over, but apart from that, this was the first time in weeks that I'd had any alcohol. A little goes a long way when you drink so seldom.

8:15 - read a bedtime story to the kids in the big bed. Asleep by 8:20. (I am, that is. The kids might have fallen asleep around 8:30.)

9:30-10:40 - hit snooze button for alarm countless times. Finally get up, convinced that I wouldn't be able to write a thing.

11:06-11:33 - yawn an estimated 26 times while blogging.

11:39 - go back to bed.

No comments: