Sunday, September 04, 2016

I *knew* I forgot something!

This is what I lovingly call a retro-post. As in, "Doh!" I went to bed without having written something earth-shattering - or even mind-numbingly dull - in my blog.

D. and I spent most of the day visiting his father, whose living situation must change soon given his health, his finances, and most of all his distance from us. He's an hour away by car on a good day without traffic, and more than twice that during commute hours or if there's an accident. Not tenable. The details will have to be worked out, though. I hadn't expected to be moving an octogenarian while finishing my master's thesis, but that's how life operates, and I'm grateful that these are the only current challenges - that, and lay-offs at work. May that be all for now. Lord willing, and the creeks don't rise...

No comments: