Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Two Steps Forward, One Step Backward. Oh, and that Other Step Backward Too

Drat! Just as there was some hope of improving our finances for a couple of weeks, an unexpected debt (not even directly ours, more's the bother!) has surfaced for us to address immediately. So all sorts of little necessary things, like a running truck and optimized mill, and fully-paid bills, are again deferred. Patience is a virtue thrust upon us, sometimes.

And yet, I felt surprisingly equanimous about it all. I can't credit wisdom or maturity as much as I can say that I'm conserving my energy for future, more deserving angst, should it arrive.

A walk around the pond with D. helped as well, of course.

And I am confident that any difficulties are temporary. As are any blessings. Perhaps I am becoming more Zen. Could meditating 10 minutes a day and sleeping more than 7 hours a night really help that much?

Here's Moira the cat, exuding calm. If I've already posted this picture on this blog, I've forgotten. So perhaps my two readers have too!


No comments: