I have now blogged more this year than I did in 2014 and 2015 combined, and when I find myself sinking into the why-bother/I-can't pit, I simply tell myself that's not true. I can, and I will, and the reason I bother is that this is really what I want to be doing. I enjoy writing, and I enjoy having written. I want it to practice a habit that deepens and continues, and I know that without writing daily, I cannot expect to grow as a writer.
This is just one way of reminding myself of that.
On a less philosophical note, the IT band/quad tear and psoas muscle strain I did to myself - trying, of all things, to competitively show D. that I, too could - or should be able to - kick myself in the butt, literally, as he is capable of doing! ...that set of stupidly hubristic self-inflicted injuries is well on the mend, just in time for the Whole Life Challenge that starts Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment