This was the first full day at the Park, and it really wasn't a *full* full day, because I slept a little late, and therefore did a morning run a little late, and got the girls to the park a little while after it opened. D was still in the hotel bed until after that time, but I'd expected that and so wasn't really bothered by it.
The weather has not been cooperative. In fact, it's been dumping buckets off and on, which means fewer people in the lines, but it also means we're having to dress in layers to stay dry (and therefore warm), and that we must peel ourselves out of the ponchos and down coats and raincoats we're wearing to find ourselves again at the end of the day. We also played out that routine in the middle of the afternoon, because we'd had too few layers and were wet and chilled, and I'd taken the girls back to the hotel for a hot bath and dry clothes.
We've ridden plenty of rides. We've spent too much money on the food, even considering the fact that we're trying to eat food we have in the hotel room and healthy snacks I've brought to the park with me. We also have seen a show - a live production of Snow White, and the girls had some quality time with Mickey and Minnie when there wasn't a huge line. We've walked a lot, we've window shopped a little.
We've done most of the park without Mark and D, but we did meet up a couple of times and spent the last hour and a half at the park together, too. Tomorrow, D plans to get up early with us so we have a decent start at rides etc. before the crowds gather. I just hope it's not raining so hard tomorrow.
The girls are finally asleep, after a late dinner (which itself was after a nap in the hotel room). D is dozing in a chair, and I now plan to read, then hit the hay myself. We have not turned on the TV once. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment