Monday, February 07, 2005

Spring cleaning

This afternoon & tonight the girls and I moved the futon out of S's room and moved it to the livingroom to give the princess more space in her royal chamber. She ended up with so much room, we moved Lemon's cage to her room from R's room, to make R's room roomier too. If I weren't so asleep (and I hadn't just written then accidentally closed the window on & deleted this post!), I'd make a Dr. Seuss story out of it.

The girls sorted things into bags of keep/toss/donate, but I still have to go through them to make sure I don't accidentally throw away a family heirloom or donate a rubber-band-and-clay sculpture-of-the-hour. Two downsides to having such creative children are (1) the amount of artistic media they use, some of which used to be handy household items before they were added to a collage, and (2) the quantity of artistic pieces they produce. I mean, it makes me think of Mrs. daVinci: "Lee-OH-nar-DOH! Will you please stop leaving little clay horses in the bread oven?!"

I also made some changes to the livingroom that seemed necessary after the move of the futon. We'll see how they look in the honest, unforgiving light of day. Not that I was being creative or anything. I leave that to the rest of the family.

Sure.

No comments: