**THIS REALLY TRULY HONESTLY HAD BEEN WRITTEN YESTERDAY, AND POSTED TO MY BLOG YESTERDAY.**
Really. Truly. Honestly. But unfortunately, I found to my dismay tonight that I'd posted it to my exercise blog (which is not public) instead of this blog. Horrors!!
At any rate, here it is duplicated with the really honest-to-goodness original post date+time.
**
Back to Stinson Beach today, the last day of Summer before SCHOOL starts. Mom & the kids & I had brunch at Hallie's Diner first, then headed out to the coast, not deciding until the last minute whether we'd go to Tomales or Stinson.
Once on the beach, we were under fog all day. But the air was fairly warm and the water tolerable. The girls and I had races up and down the wet sand, got our feet (and in some cases, knees and waist) wet in the Pacific, chased an aggressive gull away from our towels, and generally enjoyed ourselves. Mom watched and read a hardback mystery, walking for a while with us as well.
A stop at the Cheese Factory on the way home for lots of Brie, and then a trip to the grocery store, and the day was pretty much spent. As were we all, especially those of us who *didn't* nap during the drive inland.
Funny how the act of writing even a small blog entry more often than not now gets me awake, even if I'd been asleep, and inspires me to write more.
But I know the morning will feel early to the kids after a summer of sleeping until 8am, and I want to be awake enough to see them through it. So I'm hitting the proverbial hay.
No comments:
Post a Comment