Saturday, August 13, 2005

Family Games

R has made a Harry Potter Monopoly game, complete with playing pieces and money. It's a fun version, and well done. There may be an official version out there somewhere, but I haven't researched it, and I don't really care - R's version is more charming than any mass-produced thing they could come up with.

Tonight we were going to have a family game night and play her game, as well as 3 others - one picked by each of the other 3 of us. But S picked first, and picked Simpson's Clue, and it took us over an hour to play that one game.

The highlight of the evening was when R finally made an accusation, and suggested - if I remember correctly - that Miss Scarlet (Lisa Simpson) had done it in the Bowl-o-Rama with the Poisoned Donut. It was only after she checked the cards in the envelope (which reveal the true crime) that she realized - DOH! - that she actually already had all 3 cards in her hand.

We all laughed until we couldn't breathe, including R. That's the kind of silliness that brings a family closer together. We've already started calling her Sherlock.

Saturday night, but I'm working at 6am tomorrow, so I'd best hit the hay. Drat. It would have been fun to stay up and watch a movie, or fold laundry, or both. (Don't chores at 10:30pm sound FUN?). But instead, I hear that nice big horizontal piece of furniture calling my name...

No comments: