Monday, August 22, 2005

Grandma's in Town

After work today, the girls & I went to Emeryville for a browsing session at Borders & lunch at the Market. This was literally next door to my last employer, III. I was so tempted to stop by and see if anyone was around from when I worked there, 7 years ago. But then I was afraid that I would see someone, but it would be someone who would remember me who I wouldn't remember, and I felt the sort of guilt-in-advance that so often keeps me from doing things. So I chickened out.

Hey. At least I'm consistent in my neurosis.

Then it was off to the airport to pick up Grandma, who is staying with us for a week. We got back around dinner-time and as a result didn't have dinner until much later, when we were all so hungry that everything was funny and the Table Silliness Factor was even higher than usual. I can't accurately describe it, but if you've ever seen me drunk (as some of you have), you can imagine that same goofiness also displayed by a 6 year old, a 10 year old, and Grandma, who is old enough for the senior fare with Southwest but young enough to giggle as uncontrollably as the rest of us.

We'll see if she can stand a whole week of "fun" with the clan, though...

No comments: