I had fallen asleep (first on the floor, then the couch) just before the kids also went to bed. As a result, I'm still asleep. Asleep but blogging.
Do you know what a "yesterday joke" is? I was having it explained to me in a dream when D woke me up to get me to go to actual bed instead of the couch. A yesterday joke is one which has its punchline "delivered" the day before the joke is actually told. In my dream, this had everything to do with a billboard outside a church on a busy street where the minister would take a news headline or hot pop culture topic and find the scripture he needed to force-fit his message either for or against the subject at hand. But in general, I think the "yesterday joke" is something that requires more thought.
Tomorrow, stories from New York: (insert Ira Glass' voice here):
"Mister, there's something on your back," The Giant Rat of SOHO, and Seeing Matisse in Tennis Shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment