Thanks to a coworker (who now has this url so I have to publicly thank him), I now have a second way to access the internet: at the show's Cyber Cafe rather than the hotel's Business Center, where last night they wanted to charge me $10 for every 15 minutes that I was on the machine - but let me go without paying after I only spent 8 minutes writing.
The city: with city smells, city noises, fewer throngs marching along the sidewalks than I'd expected, more cabs then even the movies had prepared me to anticipate, and never a dull (or quiet) moment. The food here is really excellent, and the public transportation (a weakness of mine anyway), especially the subway, is amazingly cheap.
It's hot here, but not so hot and humid that it's not bearable - although I was pretty soaked by the time I finished my walk to the museum yesterday and to the WTC site and Battery Park the day before. Showering in the middle of the day, plus the way the shows events are broken up into multiple sessions, and the fact that I've stayed up to 2:15am for 3 nights in a row, all make it feel like I've been here for longer than I have. But at the same time, I'm already anxious that we'll have to leave tomorrow and I have barely scratched the surface of what there is to see in the way of galleries and museums here.
The shortcut (cheat) I've found is visiting the gift shops of the museums where I don't have time to actually see any exhibits. More on that strategy later...time for lunch and more Expo now!
No comments:
Post a Comment