If I stay up much longer, I'll be able to watch the Perseid Meteor Showers. Last night I went to bed too early to catch them, but this morning driving to work, I did see a "shooting star." Only one of the many advantages of working the 5-1 shift!
Sleeping until 6am or 7am tomorrow will be downright decadent.
I'm looking forward to it. And I'd better do it while I can, because the Comet Swift-Tuttle (whose debris gives us the Perseid showers) passes closer and closer each year, and will probably in fact collide with our earth.
Apparently, the calculations that went around in 1993 that this could happen in 2026 were off. Now it's thought the comment may not hit us for another thousand years or so. Just enough of me is paranoid that I worry that they're only saying the comet won't hit "soon" because it could affect the economy or even American voting patterns if they told us the truth about our mortality. But what do I know?
No comments:
Post a Comment