Saturday, July 16, 2005

Back home again

It's so good to be home again, even though Paradise has surprised me again by requiring more attention and upkeep that one would expect should be necessary.

D made an incredibly beautiful Shinto shrine out of redwood while we were out of town. I'll request a photo and post it. But I also think [hint, hint D] that he should start his own blog site and document all his cool projects and creations that way.

I'm off in search of a good late pre-race meal and then a good pre-race sleep before the half marathon tomorrow morning. I have to pick up my registration packet between 5:15-6:00 am, and it takes about 40 minutes to get there.

My focus will be on not walking at all, but just enjoying every step. It's a gorgeous route through Sonoma county vineyards with lots of company and lots of water and Cytomax stops, so I should be able to enjoy it.

And then later in the morning, I expect to be writing with the writer's group gals at the Box.

Have I mentioned that it's good to be home again?

No comments: