It's 3am in New York. Or at least, nearly 3am. And even though it's "only" 11:48 here, I'm still up. Usually when I blog late it's after I've already slept an hour or two. Tonight, I've been up the whole time.
After S's very successful (and amazingly quiet and calm) birthday party at the Gymnastics facility, we had a couple of little girls hang out here at home until around 10 while their parents were at a work event. It was perfect - the four friends kept each other very well entertained while I did chores around the house in preparation for the business trip to New York.
I leave tomorrow morning, and I may even get to sleep tonight first! I've gone from being blase to being very excited about this trip. I mean, New York! I've been to big, famous cities all over the world, and New York is one place I never thought I'd visit. I don't know why
I was telling a coworker the other day that it's like how I never thought I'd learn French. Or touch type. Even though I love languages and love to write. Go figure. You never can tell what life will throw your way.
However, I'm trying to avoid the "you never can tell what life will throw your way" philosophy while packing. I'm trying to pack *so* light. Which means packing clever. And it's hard to be clever when it's 3am in the place you'll be within 20 hours.
*yawn*
Maybe I should go to bed now and wake up at 4am, which will be 7am EDT. And then I can sleep on the plane and just snore and drool on the people sitting next to me. Yeah, that should be very attractive.
No comments:
Post a Comment