Instead, I've managed to catch Pink Eye before coming to Phoenix. I no sooner got here and got settled in at Clare's wonderful big house (one hundred thirteen degrees outside, according to my car's thermometer) then I was gone again, leaving her with 5 children between the ages of 2 and 10 so I could go to an urgent care clinic 20 minutes away to get my eye checked - in case (as the California advice nurse had suggested) I had a scratched cornea. So far, it's only one eye that's affected. I'm just hoping no one else gets this.
In the meantime, my right eye is constantly watering, as if its heard a very sad story that my left eye missed out on. And I'm washing my hand after every wipe, and using the drops I got at the clinic.
I hope to see one of my half-sisters and her family at least once while we're here - maybe tomorrow evening and again Friday morning. I mean, "hope to see" as in I-look-forward-to-visiting-with-them. Not "hope to see" as in if-I-still-have-any-vision-left.
Speaking of vision, though, it does always do me SO MUCH GOOD and gives me so much perspective when I spend time with Clare. This would be true even if she didn't have this very blog as her Home Page. (Can you imagine?!) Of course, maybe she always puts her houseguest's blog site as her Home Page, just to make the guest feel like a valued part of society.
(Good strategy, Clare.)
I wrote a pre-poem in the Pizza Hut in Blythe today. Maybe I can shape it together in the next day or so...
No comments:
Post a Comment