Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Private party

Suzanne makes an interesting point about her blogging expectations and about blog rules. I can't say I'm always vague about work, and I can't say that I don't hurt anyone's feelings in my blog. Is that why I don't make this site available to the general public?

No, I actually keep it private for two reasons: one, I don't think anything I have to say is all that interesting to total strangers. And two, I don't know that I want to open up my life and angst and petty or personal triumphs and defeats for the whole world even if some people did find it interesting. Does this make me less of a writer? Or just a more private writer?

For now, I am happy to be linked to by some very fine blogs and leave it at that.

I do have short-term goals for improving the blog. (Blogging daily doesn't necessarily mean blogging well, so I don't consider that an improvement.) I'd like to expand the blog by adding more links to more sites and blogs that are important or interesting to me and possibly to my few readers. And I'd like incorporate some kind of "currently reading" and "just finished reading" column like Suzanne and others have.

And I'd like to post more pictures. It makes a blog more interesting, I think. Beyond that, who knows? There's plenty of room for improvement, though, and that's a good problem to have.

No comments: