They really don't leave easily. Take this, for instance. This is me, sitting at my computer in pj's, blogging before bed. In spite of having lost my will to go on last Monday. I think I've gotten too old and tired to even have a proper emotional meltdown. So I'm back to the blog.
Besides, how many other things does one do daily that start with "bl-" and end in "og"
I mean, if you hike too much, you might get a blisterog on your foot, and if it's bad enough, it could even be bleedogging. But how often do you hike too much? If your friend sneezes, you could say "blessog you," or at night if you're cold, you can get an extra blanketog. But those are not daily occurrences. They're more once in a blueog moon things. Ok. I don't want to be blatantogly silly. You can fill in the blankogs yourself.
Last night D had one of those really good, respectful, productive 4 hour relationship evaluation/conversations that are what keep a marriage intact. This was after I'd worked a full day then driven R to the airport to fly down and see Grandma. Someone asked me today how I had the energy to have that kind of talk. I said, "I just had it. The talk had to happen." He and I both feel soooo much better for it.
Today, I saw the dentist. For a couple of hours afterwards, I could do a pretty good Elvis snarl, and the novocaine also seemed to affect my ability to open my right eye fully. My nostrils were numb, too, so picking my nose was right out. Stop saying, "Ewww." I'm just stating the facts.
In the evening, I saw my counselor. Tomorrow I'll see the eye dr. I feel like all I need now is a pap smear and I'll be living the modern woman's equivalent of Dorothy Gale in the Emerald City getting her manicure-plus-shoe polish.
"Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown? Jolly old town!"
No comments:
Post a Comment