Sunday, July 24, 2005

Summer Camp

Today R went off to camp for the week. This place isn't the same without her and her energy, but I know she'll have a great time. It's a Christian Camp, full of Presbyterian kids and counselors. The two counselors for her cabin seem nice - one has a rainbow dyed in her hair and many piercings in her ears.

This week, while R is gone, S will turn 6, and I'll have a particularly challenging week at work, with a visit from a drive manufacturer examining our facilities, and preparation for an upcoming trip to NY for a trade show and an upcoming move to sit in another room in the building.

The neighbor that lives behind us has three pit bulls, one of which has been barking non-stop for hours: the same 4-beat bark pattern over and over again. We've opted to wait and call Animal Control in the morning instead of the Police tonight. D is teasing me for blogging this. He says, "Are you going to blog the event number, too?" No.

But I did want to say that the more exposure I have to other people's dogs and other people's marriages, the better mine look by comparison. That sounds petty, but I don't mean it to. I'm just saying that I'm grateful for what I have.

No comments: