I don't know whether it's the heat or the sore throat or both, but I feel like I've been in a stupor all day. D worked hard on the landscaping in the 200 degree weather, and I took S to dance, took R to riding, then napped for a couple of hours while they had play dates in the afternoon. I woke feeling no better for the sleep, picked up the girls, managed dinner, then went to bed early - only to get up and watch some of Obelix and Asterix in French with D. It's a very silly movie, and I just wish my French were good enough that I could catch the quickly-delivered lines.
I think I'll have to give in and call the dr tomorrow about my throat. I have to brace myself to swallow by the end of each day, and this has been going on for a week. My current home remedies haven't done the trick, and frankly, it's very demoralizing not feeling well. How do people with chronic pain or illness do it? I'm amazed by the courage required.
No comments:
Post a Comment