Thursday, March 31, 2005

Changes

I feel like I'm sloughing off more and more unwanted things in my life: guilt, an unhealthy sense of obligation, certain religious beliefs, old clothes, sleepless nights, low self esteem, relationships that are harmful. That's a lot, and yet, I feel an almost urgent sense that it's not enough, that I need to purge more of the *stuff* that's held me down and held me back for decades.

I want to get to a space that's even clearer of this emotional detritus. I want to throw out the internal and external clutter and live life for a time as though it were a walk through an open meadow - leaving the noisy city, leaving the looming buildings, on the path toward the hills. Always the hills: the oak, the promise of enough stars and moon to walk by night if needed. Through the meadow, to the hills.

No comments: