Saturday, March 05, 2005

Date night

It's been a good day. A long day, but a good day. The mundane rundown follows. Some material-to-fall-asleep-by, if you don't have any long Michener novels to read.

Up early to start some household chores and get breakfast rolling before delivering food and then taking S to ballet, returning the empty food delivery boxes, and then meeting the writer's group to chat and write. D picked up S from dance and took R to riding lesson, where I met him and we did our parental tagteam handoff. He came back home and worked on the 400 gallon Fishtank that he is making for our 2 koi (Lao Tzu and Yosho. I came back after the riding lesson and did some yard work, then took R to a friend's house, bought plants for the garden, gardened more with S's help, washed the car, then fed S dinner. Then D and I took S to the Parent's Night Out babysitting service put on by the local gymnastics club. We went out for sushi and (this is so exciting!) went grocery shopping together. It may not sound fun to you, but after an Asahi and a glass of plum wine, we thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Get it? Grocery shopping? Sliced bread? I bet you wish you'd been with us, now.

After we picked up S, we did more chores around the house - company is coming tomorrow - and then settled into a companionable computer-using session. He's photoshopping a beautiful shot he took of a local view (from Cardoza's ranch) and I've been surfing the web and, finally, blogging.

No comments: