Thursday, March 17, 2005

The funny things kids say

So when I took R to the Dr. to get her the official notice that she had been seen and had Slapped Cheek Disease and not some other plague that would infect the school, the Dr. agreed that she had a classic case.

"Yes, yes, you have very red cheeks," he said to R. "And I see this rash here on your legs."

"I call it a 'lacey rash,'" R said.

"What, have you been reading the textbook?" he asked her.

"Well, no, I heard my parents talking about it," she explained. Then she added, "But once I did read the textbook, all about bloody noses. And back problems."

The Dr (who was not our regular physician but was very nice) said he thought we didn't really need him. He also suggested that R give a lecture on Slapped Cheek Disease some time, because she knew her stuff.

Then tonight after dinner, R said something about scurvy (it's a Spelling Word. Of course.), and D said, "You don't even know what scurvy is." Without missing a beat, R said, "Yes I do. It's a disease you get if you haven't eaten enough Vitamin C and your arms turn black and your legs turn black and your body swells up and you float away."

All D had left to say (after we'd stopped laughing) was, "Well okay.
But you forgot the part about your teeth falling out."


All for now...I'm being summoned for a quick round of the PowerPuff Girls board game before bed.

No comments: