Sunday, March 20, 2005

Palm Sunday, nowhere near Jerusalem

I've reached another not-going-to-church milestone: Palm Sunday, and the kids were not there parading around the congregation at First Presbyterian, and I was not contemplating Jesus coming to Jerusalem. Not until I saw the calendar - checking to see when my 2 weeks of 8-hours-a-night dare is up - and I noticed the label for today. "Palm Sunday / Vernal Equinox."

I took a "Which Religion is Right for You" quiz yesterday - not to find any real answers, just out of curiosity. I took it twice, tweaking my answers to be a little less middle-of-the-road for a few questions the second time, and it only strengthened the results. Apparently, I am by my nature or by my current beliefs, anyway, most attuned with the teachings of Buddhism. Interesting.

I realize that yesterday's post was just skipping across the surface of things like a light stone. I have so much more I could say, but I've been stopping myself for fear of offending or worrying some of my (very limited) audience. Which is again me putting social norms or politeness ahead of what I need to do for my own spiritual health. I really process things through the act of writing, whether it's indirectly with metaphor and poetry, or in a rambling philosophical journal entry like some of these blog posts have been. When I don't express the truths I'm reaching for and finding, I don't fully understand them or make them my own.

More to come on this, I'm sure. I now have 2 minutes to be in bed & asleep & still get the full night's rest that I've committed myself to. Bon nuit!

No comments: