Saturday, May 28, 2005

A good sign

Tonight we went to the house of S's former preschool teacher for a birthday dinner. Other parents of former students were there, and some of the teacher's friends were there too. It was a pot luck. I got a babysitter last minute.

And I did not feel stressed about preparing the steak and catfish I made, or the fact that we arrived late, or the whole concept of a party. This is so unusual for me, it's worth noting. I mean, typically, I am in tears or near it while on my way to a party. I understand why that is, now, I think. But I never reached an "I can't do this" point with tonight's social occasion. And we had a very pleasant evening.

If I can keep this sort of perspective up, I think it'll help prevent me from dying of stress-related illness or disease before my time.

No comments: