Friday, May 06, 2005

Pre Race Night, not ready

Tomorrow is The Human Race, a 5k walk/10k run with about 8,000 participants that annually raises over 1 million dollars for non-profit organizations in the county. A 10k is 6.2 miles - and haven't run any further than 4.6 miles at a stretch since February. I should probably be worried, but what's the point? It wouldn't change anything. I have to hope the half marathon training leading up to February is still somehow in my system.

Besides, thanks to amazing generosity from co-workers, I've raised quite a bit of money for our city's Hospice, and the pledges will motivate me after the four mile mark, when I'm starting to wonder whose bright idea it was to do the 10k instead of the 5k, anyway.

It's just past 9pm now, and I'm going to bed - about an hour and a half earlier than I have all week. That should help with the run too, I think.

No comments: