Thursday, May 12, 2005

Shutting down, sir

S took a nap on the middle of the floor in the middle of a noisy livingroom today, at the house where she and R spend their Thursdays from 12:30-3:30. I was only half-joking when I asked the hostess, a great woman whom I admire very much & whose son is in R's class, if I could lie down next to sleeping S and take a nap myself.

You know, therapy is great, but it takes a lot out of you. I went to bed at 7:30 and am only up to fulfill this commitment. The rest, like the dishes and the mountain of clean laundry and spending time talking to D about his day and my day, reading that good book, watching that good film - all of that can wait.

I'm giving myself permission to check out and sleep a little extra tonight.
Not sick, just tired and withdrawn, and ok with that.

How are you?

No comments: