Okay, so the court story will have to wait. I don't mean to be a liar. But I saved blogging until so late in the day that I just don't have it in me to record a story here, or even talk about today's jury duty selection process.
I will record that I wasn't selected, and given the type of trial and expected length of the trial, that's okay with me. In general, though, I never try to get out of serving, and I wouldn't have tried to get out of serving today if it had come down to that. Most of us are asked to do nothing more than pay taxes as citizens of this country; the government requires so little of us, I feel it's important to do this much, and vote, and pay those taxes. I have that much trust in the systems that we have in place. They're not perfect, but they're better than most alternatives.
Although I will also say that I know plenty of people who feel they're sacrificing enough just sticking it out and staying in the U.S. while an administration they find either incompetent or sinister (or both) makes decisions they find abhorrent. And I understand that point of view, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment