I have been issued a challenge to blog daily. Well, you're on, Clare! This being day two of the new I-will-write-daily year, I'm feeling up to the task.
The BIC (butt-in-chair) writing time at the Applebox today with Julia helped me feel more writerly, as did the blogging I started up again last week. It also helps that I got my running in today. There's a real connection between me exercising and feeling good about myself and being creative.
After the run and writing session, I took the girls to Borders where they blew only some of the gift card money they got from "grandpere" on lots of books and a couple of CDs. I was pleased that we got out of there with no DVDs, since they're not currently watching any movies at all. One of the things I could (in theory) blog about is this no-media for the kids lifestyle we've adopted: why we're doing it, what it means, how it works on a daily basis.
Tonight we played The Simpson's Clue, which my brother and his family had brought over on Monday. (It was conveniently on sale at Borders, so we got our own copy). Fun, and it'll be even more fun when S. can read. I'm hoping we can do more goofy family things like that in the months to come - even when it's not raining!
All for now. Feeling the energy being drained right out of me, which must mean bed time. Work will be challenging tomorrow, anyway - the first day back after a vacation is the day when everyone realizes the servers have crashed, which keeps us very busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment