Thursday, January 06, 2005

Less than perfect is okay

It's only 9:15 and I may go to bed right after posting this blog - and get more than 6 hours of sleep! I know - it's so boring to just sleep when I could be finding the cure for cancer or at least folding the mountain of clean laundry. But as D pointed out, when I'm chatting with him at the dinner table, and I blink, and my eyes sort of stay rolled up in my skull, it's a hint that I need to get to bed at a decent hour.

Tuesday, representatives from one of our Japanese "partner" companies will be here, and I'll be picking them up at their hotel, bringing them to the office for a meeting and brief tour, then taking them to MacWorld, and then out to dinner. Fortunately, the VP of Sales and the CEO will be joining me for most of these activities, so I don't have to entertain them alone or be the best sales exec. on the planet. I just need to dress well, have a really clean car, show up, drive carefully, pay attention, and relax.

And this is where I publicly remind myself that if I don't buy a new (inexpensive yet tasteful and well-fitted) business suit, it's OKAY. And if I don't review the Japanese I knew plus learn more, it's OKAY. And my weight is all right, and can't be changed too much in 4 days anyway. And I don'thave to call the local Toyota dealerships and insist they somehow come up with my new car a few weeks early just so I have something nice to drive these guys around in.

I am so neurotic. And tired. Neurotic and tired - a bad combination. Going to bed should eliminate at least one of those things.

No comments: