Sunday, January 30, 2005

DSL enabled - beep-beep-zip-dang!

"Beep-beep-zip-dang!" is what the little boy in the Roadrunner cartoon says when he's saying he wants to grow up and be a roadrunner. If I remember correctly, his brother says he's going to grow up and be a "puh-sigh-ky-a-trist," and that his roadrunner wanna-be brother should see a "puh-sigh-ky-a-trist." Do you remember that one, too?

In any event, it's sure nice to see a screen load so quickly, especially when one is working on putting together a program for an auction & needs quick reference to things online from home.

My morning run went well enough (I made it home again), and Writer's Group was lovely as usual. I've been working on the Auction book off and on (mostly on) all day. S went to the beach with a friend this morning, and then I brought both girls back here for a playdate. I also brought R's friend Siobhan here for the afternoon.

The high point (or low point) of the day was the burial of the bird. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking this bird died how long ago? And it's taken us this long to take care of the funeral? But it's not as bad as you think. D dug a deep hole with the post-hole digger so the chances of accidentally finding him again (as a surprise) are slim to none. I'll skip the details, but basically, R's friend Siobhan put him in the hole, and R covered him in adobe, and that was that.

When I'd asked R if she was ready for the service, she'd said, "Yeah. I want to get this over with." But then she also said she was going to visit his grave every day. Siobhan said she'd made the same kind of pledge after her dog died, but then she was too busy and never followed through.

Life goes on.

Very soon, I will post the funny story about burying pets in the back yard. I know. You can't wait.

You're spared it tonight (and probably tomorrow night too) because the Auction program demands my attention. Besides, it's almost 10:30 now, and I do actually have to get up at 5 and go to work tomorrow.

No comments: