So I took the day off work. And it was good.
I slept little last night, and woke up feeling worse, again. So I called in sick - something I do about two or three times a year, at most. Usually, I drag myself in late or go in at my usual 6am and leave early. But today I just gave myself permission to take the whole day. I rested, and drank tea with honey, and used the inhaler once. I'll use it and more cough syrup again before bed, in just a few minutes.
There is something so fantastic about being home alone in my house. It's really, really good for me. I love my family, but I so need time alone in my home. I read more of Tolle's book, too. I'm almost finished with reading it but am already applying it more and more every day. It's very liberating.
Also, after a day of down time, I feel ready to face the challenges of the next few days - the usual work schedule, the last bit of pre-race training, and creating the auction catalog & descriptive cards for the silent auction before Tuesday.
Apologies to my fellow bloggers for my lack of comments on your blogs ; your entries have been fantastic! but my participation in everything was on hold for a little more than a day. Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment