Sometimes life throws you curve balls, and it's hard to remember that there's a reason for them just as much as - mabye more than - the clockwork smooth days with which we are sometimes blessed.
I had an appointment today at 2, and so made every effort to leave work at 1:30, only to be waylaid by several last-second emergencies, including one that shot the appointment to bits, anyway: a call from the school to say that R wasn't feeling well. After about 30 minutes of poorly-controlled frustration while I tried (in vain) to cancel my appointment by phone, I remembered to take a breath and know that in the big scheme of things, it didn't matter. Maybe I was really meant to leave work at 1:30 to get R all along, and the appointment's timing was just put in place (a month ago) to allow me that opening. I think that's how life works.
Anyway, we had a quiet afternoon and evening at home. There's a fire going in the wood burning stove, S. is in the bath, and R. is working on a book report. D. is at his weekly gaming session, and the rain is coming down outside with great mocking drops because I had my car detailed today in preparation for driving H-san and his assistant around tomorrow from the city to the office to the show.
If I stop writing now and focus on the bedtime routine, we might all be asleep before 9. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment