Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Will Write For Sushi

So I see that Ethel (aka Vivian Vixen aka Luscious Lola aka Ava, She Who Ties Knots in Cherry Stems With Her Tongue)has said she'll take me out for sushi for every day that I blog this calendar year. How nice! Thanks Ethel. But really, sushi once a year for a year of blogging will be fine. We are talking about the Julian calendar, right? Not some other calendar like the 400+ day Roman calendar?

Tonight is a Writer's Group Meeting, for which I am inadequately prepared. I'm making a habit of this. One more habit to lose, although as Mark Twain allegedly said, "Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."

I just checked and the results are not yet in for the poetry contest I entered last year, so it's too soon to say I didn't win or place. Maybe I can finish and submit something else. That way, I'm always waiting for news.

And yet, also not waiting. Trying to live in the moment. Now.

No comments: