Check out Clare's story of Fafnir. She calls it a parable, but I enjoyed it as a story too.
It's been a good day. Slept in until 7:30, felt better but still didn't run. Had a nice morning with the girls, then took R & her friend to her friend's house to play, and took myself to the Box to write. It's always so nice spending time with the gals and talking about such a wide variety of things, and then writing. The three of us sit in the back room of the coffee shop, each with our white Macs, and write. I came to an important point in my short story. I think I know how things might fit together, but still I know it will be a hard story to write because the subject matter is serious and there's not any room for what R would call "comical relief."
I hung out with S after writing, just had cuddle on the couch and book reading time, then we folded laundry together. Which was actually fun, too. I ran for an hour, and felt even better after the run, well enough that I really think I've beat out this cold thing in record time. Part-way through my jog, I met up with a couple from church. They're a very devout, very involved husband and wife whose son is in seminary, being sponsored by the church. And they wanted to make sure I was all right, and offer support and help in case I needed it. I assured them that just because I was away from church and questioning the basic principles of Christianity, I didn't feel outside of God's grace. They took it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment