Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sometimes Saturday night feels like Sunday night

It’s after 10:30 and the girls are only now going to bed. The local gymnastics club for kids hosts a “Parents’ Night Out” once or twice a month, and this time we took advantage of it so we could go out to sushi with an old co-worker of D’s and his new bride. It was a nice dinner. They’re interesting and fun people, and even though it’s hard for me to force myself to be social, I know that it’s good for me to make the effort once in a while.

But boy, am I sleepy and ready for bed! I started the day before 7am with a long job (10 miles again, finally!), followed by getting S to dance class & R to riding lesson (accompanied by D’s sister, who is herself a rider). We had a relaxing afternoon, just hanging out, and then Aunt H left and R decided she wanted to re-arrange her room, which took the rest of the afternoon. D & S napped. I wish I had!

Tomorrow, even though it’s Sunday, I’m working 7am-3pm. Not really looking forward to it, but the pay is good. The cough I have is persistent. Running doesn’t seem to make it any worse – in fact, it may help it – but I know I need more sleep. Bonne nuit.


No comments: